Friday, July 2, 2010

食べ物や友達 Food & Friends

So Wednesday night I went in Shibuya and met up with Sabrina and her mom! It was pretty nice to see someone that I've known for a while now :). She showed me a little around Shibuya. First, we went to this store that has everything in it for about 300yen. It was a pretty cool store. I got polka-dot leggings and some type of very cool hair accessory :). After that, they showed me around the 109 shopping mall, which is 9 stories tall! It had the most gorgeous clothes, but a lot of them were a little expensive (even when I went back for the bargain sale).
After the window shopping, Sabrina's mom took us out for dinner at the Alkatraz ER, which is a themed restaurant in Shibuya. It was pretty nifty :). Our table was in a cell and we had to sit traditionally (in seiza). The food was pretty good for the price and I tried a lot :). I think my favorite things I tried were the cucumbers, the Japanese-style hamburger, and Japanese-style pudding :D. I also thought the tako yaki (octopus balls) were interesting. Oh, and the melon soda tasted to good, I plan on getting it more when I go out to eat :D.
Thursday and Friday were pretty slow days. Thursday I tried going back to 109 for their bargain sale, but didn't find much I loved for a price I was willing to pay. I also tried to find a Japan soccer jersey, but was sad to find that the cheapest was 10300 yen, though they did have t-shirts for 4000 yen, I still found that to be way too pricey. Friday night was a studying night, and I went out for Indian and ice cream with my friend Cameron who's in my level 2 class. The Indian place we ate at was amazing. It was very tiny and to best describe it, it was like sitting at a bar in your home kitchen watching these 2 Indian guys cook for you. The seating was very limited and we had to wait 10 minutes to get an actual seat, but I'm glad we waiting :). I also met this very nice Japanese lady who let me try some of her masala because I let her try some of my nan bread. Her masala was a lot spicier than my chicken, so I'm going to have to go back and have what she had next week :). The best part about this place is that it is cheap! They also made chai tea right infront of me from scratch -- this place was too amazing for words! I kept thinking it should be in some Travel Channel show or something.
The ice cream place we went to was called Milky Way, which I had been to Monday night on my own. Monday I got a green tea milk shake, which was more like cream, green tea, and ice with whipped cream on top, but it was so oishii (delicious). Last night I had ice cream in mochi (a kind of sticky ground-up rice wrapping) with lots of fruit. It was oishii as well :).
Tonight I believe I am going to go to karaoke. It should be a blast!! I'm going with Cameron, a few more people from my level 2 class, and some others I don't know. I'm kind of excited :).
I did really well on my test today. I can't wait until tomorrow -- I'm going to go into Harajuku for the flea market :D. Yay cheap stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment