Friday, July 9, 2010

たくさん食べ物 Lots of Food!

So I realized I haven't updated for a week, but sadly my life is not very interesting. Saturday night was a mess within a mess where everyone didn't eat before we went to Roppongi, so I sat and ate dessert while everyone feasted. I once again had melon soda and Japanese pudding, which both were as delicious as the first time :D. I've decided melon soda is pretty much my life here. I wish they had it in Texas so badly. Maybe I'll try to convince the good old Cinemark to get some instead of having Coke Zero or something. No one likes Coke Zero anyhow!!
After eating, we tried to find karaoke, but it was all too "expensive." Basically it was one place that was expensive, and then everyone gave up on trying to go and then decided to go drinnking at a bar would be a lot more fun instead. Me not being a drinker, didn't have much fun and almost broke curfew babysitting :/. But oh wells.
Sunday I met a girl named Tomo in Harajuku with a group of girls from my dorm and we were going to go to a flea market. Too bad that flea market doesn't exist after last year. So then we all tried to go find where all the Harajuku girls hang out. Little did we know only 2 or 3 girls come out on Sunday and stand on a bridge by the station we had been to the Sunday prior. All during this, my feet were killing me because I decided to be Asian and wear heels like all the other girls do. It totally killed my feet and I had trouble walking for a whole 3 hours there. The only upside to the Harajuku trip was getting to window shop down a street that had some pretty good priced clothing and eating at a Wolfgang Puck Express (<3) with Cameron. I had the most delicious BBQ chicken pizza there ever for under $10. Thank you Wolfgang Puck, thank you :D.
Monday through Wednesday I was a pretty boring person. School has been making me so exhausted. We finally got into our correct classes Wednesday and I'm in a level 2 class with 3 other American students (all boys) and the rest are Korean and Chinese. I'm pretty sure one of the Chinese boys has a crush on me because he called me pretty twice and that made me giggle a lot. There's also this really cool Korean girl who speaks English (but we still try to communicate in Japanese for the most part). She lives in my area, so we may hang out sometime :).
Last night, Thursday, I wandered around Ikebukuro trying to find a graveyard where all these famous writers were burried. Needless to say I got lost. However, I got to check out some pretty cool neighborhoods while lost and find some melon soda in a vending machine :). All in all Thursday night was a pretty fun night. Because I didn't want to make my dinner after all that walking, I bought a meal from the 7-11 near me. It was really good :). I had Japanese pasta with sausage and potatoes and a Soda Float, which is an ice cream cone that tastes like a float! It was delicious!!
Tonight I tried to get a group to go to a museum and then Tokyo Tower. I think my hopes were a little too high. I invited too many people to the museum and when we discovered it cost 1200 yen to get into the exhibition, a lot of people decided they didn't want to go. On top of that, it was pooring and no one wanted to go to Tokyo Tower anymore. In the end, we just went out to eat. I went to a Korean place and had a pretty decent meal, but it was a little pricey.
Tomorrow I plan on going to some museums alone. I'm hoping to go to one of the many photography museums, go out to lunch at a cute place, and then try to hit up another museum before going to Akihabara (the electronics district) and looking at cheaper camera lenses and possibly some karaoke :D. I'm really excited for my adventures tomorrow!

1 comment: